What is Scrotox?
Scrotox is the term for non-surgical cosmetic relaxation of the scrotum with BOTOX treatment.
Why Scrotox (Scrotal relaxation with BOTOX)?
For cosmetic reasons, you may prefer a lower hanging and more relaxed scrotum.
BOTOX (Botulinum toxin A -Botox™) when injected in the scrotal areal causes relaxation of both the cremasteric muscle (that regulates the height of the testicles) and the Dartos muscle (think muscle underneath the skin of the scrotum that regulates it size). When BOTOX is injected in these muscles, the muscle will relax, thus resulting in significant descend both the scrotum and testicles.
What are the indications of Scrotox (Scrotal relaxation with BOTOX)?
- Cosmetic (Aesthetic) enhancement
- Hyperdynamic / hyperactive scrotum
- Painful contraction of the scrotum
How is Scrotox (Scrotal relaxation with BOTOX) performed by professionals at BotoxRN Medspa?
Our Nurse Practitioner usually performs Scrotox (Scrotal relaxation) under local anesthesia without sedation in the office setting as an outpatient. The scrotal area is first cleaned with an alcohol pad. Then a layer of topical anesthetic is placed over the entire surface of the scrotum. Once the area is anesthetized (about 15-25 minutes after) the scrotal area is injected with BOTOX with minimal discomfort or pain. The procedure usually take about 45 minutes. Our Nurse Practitioner performs Scrotox at either one of the offices in Houston or Sugar Land.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the benefits of Scrotox?
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles, helping them appear smoother
- Testicles hang lower, appear larger and fuller
- Decreased testicular sweating
- Decreased testicular pain
- Increased pleasure in sexual activity with enhanced sensitivity
What is the typical profile of a Scrotox patient?
BotoxRN in Houston and The Woodlands see patients that are typically
- In their 20s and 30s, sometimes in their 40s and 50s
- Wanting to reduce testicular pain due to contraction
- Feel that their testicles appear too small and wrinkly
- Desire to reduce sweating
- Fertility problems
- Elevated pleasure with increased sensitivity and increased sexual confidence
Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime, but we recommend that you avoid any heavy or sexual activity for a few hours after the treatment.
When do I see results?
You’ll see results within 1-2 weeks of treatment and can last up to 3 to 4 months.